Support needed re Elmo K-110 SM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support needed re Elmo K-110 SM

Hello, I was pleased to find this forum. A couple of days ago I took out my Dad's old Elmo machine which probably hasn't been used for a few years. When I took it out of the box the front reel piece popped out and now I can't get it to stay in place. I will attach photos of the pieces I have... is something missing? I can't see that anything is broken. The black piece has some fine cracks but I can't see that these should affect the way it fits. I found I can buy a replacement part from the Van Eck Video Services page (amazing!), but was wondering if it's possible to repair it with the pieces I already have. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you

Dave Watts I see you have previously discussed this projector, wonder if you can help? Thank you

Comment

Janice Glesser I see you have previously discussed this projector, wonder if you can help? Thank you

Comment

Hi Anne and welcome to the Forum. I have the k-100 model so the supply reel arm may not be designed the same as yours. However, I'm not sure how the spindle would fall out since it is held in place by the arm cover. Do you have the cover? Or is it missing. I don't see it in your photos. On my projector to remove the cover I have to also remove the film loading casing so I don't want to go to the trouble to remove the whole thing. That may not be the case on your model.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210104_175223994.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	24905

Comment

Here is some info from the archives!
          https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=005236#000000

...you sound to be on the right track by sourcing edwin's(van eck) printed part replacement.
          I have this machine, but have not used it much lately to comment further unfortunately.
          cheers,
          Matt

Comment

Although I have an Elmo, it is the same as Janice's version. The spool spindle is of a slightly different design to yours. On mine it is held in place with fine screws which compress the spring, so taking off the black arm cover means that the whole thing does not come apart. I note you do say that you took the cover off the arm and I can't say for the design you have that the cover may fix the whole assembly in place as Janice speculated.
            But things do get more complicated, as I watched the video on the Van Eck website and the spring and white plastic part, shown on your photo are not used! Perhaps the part has been redesigned?
            Also you mention that you took the projector out of the box and the pieces popped out. This suggests that the arm was faulty when your father last used it, was not repaired but loosely assembled when put back in the box?
            When you get the spare part have another stab at it and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
            X