O.R.S. treatment and film cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.R.S. treatment and film cleaners

Hey folks, it's New year's Eve and so, Happy New year! However, I have a question for those who have had the O.R.S. treatment. Have you treated your treated films, with film cleaners and, if so, does the film treatment come off or does it stay? I'm curious, as I will be sending off a print to him soon.
    Starts
    December 31, 2020
    Ends
    December 31, 2020

He does a pre wash and a happy new year

Comment

No, I'm referring to AFTER you receive the treated film back. After all, at some point we will need to treat our treated films with some form of film cleaner. At that point, will that treatment still exist, or will it wipe off to a greater or lesser extent?

Comment

I had some O.R.S. treatments 2 years ago and I didn’t use a film cleaner. And the film runs smoothly through the machine.
        You should use a film cleaner after striping our treasures.

Comment

Yes, but have you used any film cleaner, after having received your films BACK from the treatment? I am only trying to verify as to whether the treatment can wipe off or not? Am I being confusing? I thought I was pretty easy to understand.

Comment

Possibly the multiple use of the term "treated" in your first post confused people as to which treatment would come off. The ORS treatment or the cleaning treatment after?

Comment

I'm guessing that Osi is asking if you clean your film after it has received the ORS treatment, could that affect the newly improved image in any way.

Comment

Yes! Thank you very much, Doug
                I thought I was being obvious, but apparently not.

Comment

Depends if you have my covid attacked brain

Sorry Osi I got a teeny bit confused. Yes you can clean your films upon return no problem.

For what its work I use Film Renew and Film Guard depending on the job. I mag stripe my own home movies so use FR on them. Film Guard is excellent of course and I have ZERO problems after treatment.

I have also sent in vinegar syndrome films and they return with no puff, whiff or smell. Thus far at least.

Take care all.
                  Last edited by Lee Mannering; January 02, 2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I appreciate your answer. I use Film Guard myself
                    Much better than the last one I used, but the last one near made me high when I used it. Never knew that film cleaning could be so much, until I got that other cleaner! Wheeee!

Comment

Yes indeed, some of the chemicals in some old cleaners we used for years 😲. Thermo film cleaner put a friend of mine in hospital as he liked a drink and with alcohol and Tetra-chloride in the system made him keel over, a bad time that was. For some years I worked in a darkroom machine processing film and we started to see some chemistry being banned even way back then due to Cancer dangers.

Really happy with Film Guard and very economical to use. A quality product.👍

Comment

Working...
                      X