Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Mark S 807 New guy

Hi guys,

This little bird landed home yesterday, pretty cheap locally usd$25, it’s like new, it was storage for more than 30 years, deep cleaning, old grease replaced, lube all bronze bearings and motor as well, now it’s running really smooth.

I know it’s not an Elmo but will work as a backup.

Any tips for this projector?

Gustavo

Click image for larger version  Name:	68E9557D-9DE9-4DB3-B8DB-436EDDA093DD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	203.7 KB ID:	25216 Click image for larger version  Name:	1E7A90B1-0B76-418F-B816-1E8AC652448E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	283.8 KB ID:	25220
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gustavo Fernandez Johnson; January 08, 2021, 03:24 PM.

I may have to add, it has a little hum at volume, actually I saw some frako caps, they might need to be replaced, also inspect the pre amp board I guess.

Its purring like a little kitty now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tItcrPXKX24&t=31s

Gustavo
    Last edited by Gustavo Fernandez Johnson; January 08, 2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Gustavo, the Eumig 800's are noted for their relatively high hum level. This is normal, nothing wrong with your projector. You can minimize hum by adjusting the position of the hum bucking coil located next to the sound head.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
        Gustavo, the Eumig 800's are noted for their relatively high hum level. This is normal, nothing wrong with your projector. You can minimize hum by adjusting the position of the hum bucking coil located next to the sound head.
        Thanks for the tip, will try that.

Gustavo

Comment

My 1972 I got from new is still.in full working order. Never under estimate the Austrian design team from the largest ever manufacturer of 8mm sound projectors.

Run the projector with lamp on to adjust the coils to best effect. My 1972 807D has practically zero hum as I also.in the 70's moved the cable that goes from the coil to the main board. Enjoy.

By the way Gustavo you have the 3rd and final version of the 807D with the larger lamphouse front plate.
          Mk1 had simpler main controls knobs
          Mk1 knobs with black extended markers and amplifier improvments
          Mk3 New sprocket and gate design.

Have 30 or so Eumig matches but now reducing a little moving some to new hands.

Keep an eye on the rear of the top sprocket. The black allen key retainer can split/crack with age. Just a ageing problem. I removed all of mine, put some flexible glue to hold it on the shaft and gently tightened the teeny allen bolt.
          Last edited by Lee Mannering; January 10, 2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	6E63DD8D-87C0-4A85-8E65-9EC1122106F6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	25614 Great information, thanks. After a little care this proyector is working perfectly, what a beautiful machine of Austrian engineering.

Regards from Leía!!

Gustavo

Comment

Working...
            X