Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuji reversal

Dear fellows!

Why aren´t there any companies (like Specta) preparing Fuji positive film for the super 8 format like Cinevia and Spectrafilm previously. Would it be to expensive?

Kind regards,

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

Welcome!

It's possible that since Kodak brought back 100D it's hard to be competitive.

Comment

Steve I think your correct! Kodak's reintroduction of Ektachrome 100D probably has made it hard for other companies to bring their version of film to the market. Look at Ferrania for example. They've been trying to bring back color reversal since 2014. I suspect the sales of 7294 are doing quite well for kodak. I'm starting to read about more people using it. Simply put it's a great color reversal stock for projection. I've been using it since 2018. When shot correctly it looks amazing on screen. Digital transfers give you an idea of how good this stock can be but nothing like seeing it on the big screen. There's just no comparison between the two. Projecting it on my Bolex with a prime lens well let's just say it's pretty amazing!

Comment

Which Fuji filmstock are you refering to, Gabriel ? Since Cinevia has been discontinued, I haven't heard of any new stock from the Japanese company.

Comment

Dear all!

As I understand Fuji produce both Velvia (ASA 50 and 100) and Provia reversal film that was previously reslitted to 8mm by Spectra and GK-film in Germany.

, Gabriel

Comment

Both Velvia 50 and 100 asa have been, sadly, discontinued years ago. I doubt there is Provia on the market since the French ninefivers looked everywhere for fresh stock to reperfor to 9.5. The only solution found, so far, is to reperfor 16 mm Ektachrome films.

Comment

https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en/busin...ilm/velvia-100

Hello again!

That´s why I raised the question. Fuji seems to produce both 50 and 100 Vwlvia and Provia 100 positivie film. It doesnt seem to be discontinued.

Gabriel

Comment

Yes we so.miss 9.5mm Velvia a thing of beauty showing the gauge at it's very best

Comment

You need large unperfored 35 mm length filmstock to reperfor to 9.5. I presume it's the same for other gauges.

Comment

Retro Enterprises in Japan offer Reversal Single 8 Film called RK100D

http://www.retro8.com/english/englishindex.html

Comment

Working...
                    X