Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm BOX ART ARCHIVE UPLOADS

I'm hoping this thread is OK with the moderators

So many collectors are asking for original 8mm film box art to restore a film back to its natural habitat, the original box covered with the artwork to bring it back to former glory.

This then is our opportunity to assure 8mm releases maintain the history, collect-ability as they were intended to be presented when new for future generations.

DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LEE Prince of Darkness covers.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	25900

Lee,

It's fine with me! I should point out that Super8database is a great resource for downloading film artwork, with over 1700 box covers.

Comment

Thanks Doug. Over the years I collected a good cross section of unused box art which needs a new digital home and our loved 8mm forum seems the ideal place.

Perhaps we can keep the image size around the 800 mark girls and boys 😉

Derann Tom & Jerry
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Derann box Tom Jerry.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	25909

Comment

And I'm sure if the Super 8 Database needs them they will ask if they can use the ones posted here, as they have done previously.

Comment

For a 200' (the cover area 13cm x 13cm) the file should ideally be 1500 px x 1500px, for the purposes of a good quality print out, at 300 ppi. Likewise the original scan should also done at 300 ppi, with the same dimensions.

Comment

Lee, I think this is a great idea and can surely 'sit' alongside what is already on the Super 8 Database 😊

In my first incarnation as a collector (1978-1987) I would often put a 4x400' feature (typically bought from say Portland Films or similar) on to 2x800' Bonum or Eumig reels then cut-out the fronts of the original boxes (which were all the same) and stick them on to the sides of the reel-cases.

As, no doubt like other collectors here, I have plenty of films (now collected second time around) that are on unmarked reels/cases, I plan to put the most cherished ones on better spools, into cases, and apply the related box-art accordingly. This in itself is another whole different aspect of our wonderful hobby that I know I'll enjoy 😊

It's almost 'made' for lockdowns! 😉

Comment

Hi Martin That's great I look forward to seeing all your uploads on this very thread.

Comment

Hi Lee.
                I won't contibuting as I'm quite happy with plain boxes, but I do like looking at box art! I do enough artwork and illustrations for print applications in my trade as it is.

Comment

Working...
                X