Ricoh Sound 8 up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricoh Sound 8 up and running

Click image for larger version  Name:	3A6DC026-725F-4EFF-ACB5-A420168A2971.jpeg Views:	34 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	26149

This had the hum problem when lamp was turned on. Thanks to tips from members now sorted , bad earth. I used a pair of 16mm spool arms from a redundant Victor and now can run 2200feet without a hitch. Trying to figure out a way of going HID as I have done with my Kodak 8.Still looking for standard 8 features.
    John

Comment

Waw.There are few projectors that can hold large spools like that.

Comment

Photo should be titled Ricoh sound 8 ! Will post pic of the Fujica soon as they are quite rare.
        John

Comment

Nice job John, Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark, always found it annoying changing reels, it's a bit like enduring adverts during a feature film when watching a film on TV, it really is irritating and one tends to lose the plot a little , the film should be watched uninterrupted as the Director intended.
            John

Comment

Yes I agree, you can now with a bit of ingenuity, might try and do something similar on one of my machines, Mark

Comment

John Its worth recapping that little 6 watt valve amplifier my friend.

We had a chap in our film club back in el day with a Standard 8 Ricoh and always converting projectors giving lots of demos of that years project. His Ricoh sat with a Spondon long play unit and 6000ft aluminium spools he had trimmed from 16mm. Quite a sight I can tell you and those spools used to sing away as the film came off. Lots of fun times and memories, nice to see your projector as well.

Comment

H Lee, yes it's a great performer the 6watt tube amp has had a recap and really belts out great sound. Nice feature on this is the tone control, as you know some of the St 8 prints had sound which was a little on the dull side , moving the tone control to treble helped give a clearer sound. I just love these older machines, so much character .
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X