"The Romney Hythe Dymchurch" Railway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Romney Hythe Dymchurch" Railway

The title says it all from a screening of this brilliant Super 8 short film from "Walton Films".

This is starting to get interesting, Graham. As I said: I have "the same film except mine is black and white." It turns out I don't!

I have this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	RHundD1_20_2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.9 KB ID:	2636

-different title, different box art, different FILM from one end to the other! (-same Walton). I really like the one you have, too! I just hope over the years I haven't turned down chances to get one because I thought I already had it.

It's as if Walton got the chance to bring out a better film and one replaced the other.

I also have the Derann 2x200' pair “Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway” and “Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Golden Jubilee”, which are actually two halves of a Movietone short. Your Walton must have been shot right around the same time as this one: there is a guard on one of the trains who I recognize from both films. He needs a haircut whenever you see him! (It was the 70s: Everybody needed a haircut!)

Comment

Hi Steve...Last night I thought I would check out to see if they had a railway "Facebook" page. I discovered they did, so after joining posted the link of the film to them. Its interesting to read some of the comments from that, in so much they talk of folk that featured in that film. The internet has been a great way of sharing things, and am pleased that others get to see such films that otherwise for the most part stay in the box.

Comment

Screened this for the gang, added attraction is seeing L&H in it - Shorty

Comment

Well this morning I up-loaded the video of the film from my computer directly to there " Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway" Facebook Page, rather than the link to mine that I did the other day. The video in now in there "video archive" section so no matter what happens in the future, they have got it

Comment

You may have just made some railfans into film collectors!

(Wouldn’t be the first time...)

Comment

You never know Steve...I got a message back this afternoon from them regarding the up-load saying "Worked Thanx"...well there you have it. That should bring back long ago memories for some, Just checked that video all up has had 608 views so far on Facebook, there must be a lot of train fans out there

Comment

Just a follow up to posting it on there Facebook page. I have been getting a few replies which makes interesting reading. One chap was a driver featured in the film says.. Quote... "Filming was on 31st May 1977 with additional filming over the next few days including the parallel running on the 1st June" So there you have it Steve, its great that folk can be able to look back and enjoy this film, it makes posting it well worth while.

Comment

Went on this in 1995.They served a four course Greek meal!

Comment

Serving up a four course meal Trevor on such a small train must have been a challenge , I have still been getting comments about that film from them, up to now the film has had 648 views which really surprises me. Sending them the video of the film for there own Facebook archive has certainly been worth it. ...glad folk have got to see it.

Comment

Now this link if it works will be in German but you can still get the general idea and is well worth a watch

Comment

Der kleine Zug ist sehr schön.
                        Ich möchte dort besuchen!
                        Last edited by Steve Klare; January 25, 2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Hoffentlich eines Tages

Comment

My son got us(a group) into a carriage that was a real squeeze but 'dinner was served'! Golly,25 years ago.Love Walton's old railway stuff.Cheers Trev
                            PS the Elmo SC-30 Hi-Vision is now going well. Just needed the advised 'regular use'.

Comment

Came across this from 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X