X3 image problem (see video) Eumig s802d 8mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3 image problem (see video) Eumig s802d 8mm

I’ve just cleaned, greased and triple checked everything on my Eumig s802d 8mm projector (including the manual) and I get an image divided into x3 vertically whatever I try.

Take a look at the video on the link below, can anyone help please? My guess is it’s running slow? If so any ideas for a fix please?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0qNA...xQ#Bournemouth

also photo from the video here:

Have you tried another film? Check sprockets and claws.

Comment

Definitely loss of loop, maybe upper/lower, or both.
      There are reasons for this.
      - Misthreading in the first place.
      - Bad splice.
      - Torn perf.
      - And the worst of all - damaged claw tip.

Comment

Evan
        Did you remember to turn the inching knob with its red mark to the 12 0'clock position when you removed the gate plate/s?
        If not, you may have snapped off the single claw.

Maurice

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The claw tip appears to be in tact (see photo). Have been careful removing gate, but can’t say if those before me were. Sprockets look ok. I’ve tried with many different films super and standard 8 all the same. I’m a newbie here, can someone explain an upper and lower loss of loop and how I can remedy please?

Comment

The film I’m currently trying: I just checked the perforations, it’s got a new and long leader, splice looks good, auto feeds on perfectly every time. Only thing unsure about: as it goes onto the back reel it noticeably slows down briefly, is that normal? Could be the cause? Any help appreciated.

Im trying to transfer some old films going back to the 50’s to cheer my dad up from lockdown blues! Thanks

Comment

Guessing the claw should have a smaller pin in the Center like this image I found in the forum (hard to make out)? If so any way to fix, replace or similar?

Comment

What about ghosting. Wheras the shutter blade is open as the claw pulls down the frame

I'm not sure if that's your problem but if it is re-time the shutter

Comment

Ahhhhhhh

Seems like the worst case scenario - the claw tip (which is needle-like looking) had gone.

Comment

One thing to try is to take the lens out and look at the film in the gate (with the lamp on preheat) then turn the inching knob and see how well the silm moves when going slowly. That, at least should show if the claw is moving it OK.

Comment

I agree with Nantawat's comment. The actual claw tip seems to be missing, probably broken off.
                      Don't forget that the dual gauge models only have one very small claw. This is to accept the two differing sizes of standard/regular 8 and Super 8 perforations.

Maurice
                      Last edited by Maurice Leakey; January 26, 2021, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks all, does anyone know where I might be able to get the claw pin repaired or a replacement claw unit?

Comment

Evan, Bolex in Switzerland, sells Eumig spares, but at high price (not even sure they have this claw). Another member may be able to provide a cheaper option. In any case : https://bolex.com

Comment

Evan
                            Perhaps John White may be able to help.
                            John White Projector Repair | Welcome (the8mmshedshop.co.uk)

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                            X