Beaulieu 708 EL picture jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaulieu 708 EL picture jump

I have a Beaulieu 708 EL that loses its loop, which causes picture jump. I am guessing the rear pressure plate gate spring requires more tension, but before pulling it apart I thought I'd ask here. I mostly use my Elmo's and neither of my Beaulieus have seen much use over the years. The projector threads and operates well in all other aspects. Any ideas?

Hello David,

Private Message sent.

Comment

Phil
      As I, and many others, own a Beaulieu EL, perhaps you will kind enough to give details here of your, no doubt, helpful reply to David.

Maurice

Comment

Thank You, Maurice

Yes, Phil, this would be great!
        Thank You

Comment

Hello Maurice, Oliver,

Very sorry to be unable to bring more right now and due to possible faults numerous cases :
          I have just sent a 14 pages document to David to help him to work around this film transport issue. Unfortunately it is not possible to summarize this document here due to schemas and pictures, etc.......and then that should take many time.
          So once David will be back with more informations I will put more relevant comments as necessary.
          Of course, if David finds something unusual I will update my documentation too.
          At the moment , document in question initialized on August is already on Revision 2 : Making a good document takes a long time.

Phil
          Last edited by Phil Murat; January 25, 2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Phil sent a comprehensive explanation of the quite complex 708 EL film transport mechanism; thank you! I now have a better understanding of how it works. It'll take time for me to get to it however as it is just one of several projects on my work bench. I did get out another 708 EL and it still works very well. I recently sold the Fumeo I had and mostly use my Elmo's these days when using Super 8.

Comment

Working...
            X