Titanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanic

After watching the 3D version just the other night of the 1997 film, it reminded me that its also time to do another Super8 Scope screening of "Raise The Titanic" very soon

PS. If you enjoy the outstanding John Barry soundtrack, do track down the new, and complete LP release of this film. .

"Raise the Titanic" wasn't as bad of a film that critics made it out to be. It's not perfect, of course, but a decent "popcorn" feature that you just check your brain out and just enjoy ... Personal opinion, of course.

Comment

I just got my Raise The Titanic teaser poster back from the framers!

Comment

Always a good time to project Raise the Titanic Graham

Twas only a couple of years back I made a Super 8 film touring the films locations including the location of Bozanium. Made a great little documentary which is spliced after the trailer. Should have been going back around again to film it all in Scope but not possible at the moment. Boo.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	zTT1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	26996

Comment

I am a huge fan of this feature.
          It’s brillant on the big screen and although we know about the true fate of the wreck
          this feature is a wonderful fantasy.

Comment

It's the only movie I know of they did a set of 20 lobby cards for. The sound was always going to be good in 6 track, filmed on 35mm and blown up for cinemas to 70mm.
            If you look on the IMDB in printed formats Super 8mm also gets a mention. Derek would have been proud.

Comment

I love the beginning with the photos from the original Titanic ship and this amazing melodic John Barry Soundtrack

Comment

The vinyl or cd of the sound track is a good intro to a home screening as well.
                The launch if that's the right term was memorable at Derann over the shop with those gold curtains rolling back to reveal the scope screen, Derek in the projection box manning the Elmo GS1200 and sound system. Of course when we watch these films the memories come flooding back. When new it was the perfect scope film and very very popular. Nice to see the fandom continue.

Comment

Working...
                X