Rasputin Saint or Devil - Lost Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasputin Saint or Devil - Lost Film?

Trying to find out some info on Blackhawk Films 860-49-1109 "Rasputin Saint or Devil" 3-400' reels. Have a mint S8 print in silent. My question is I realize Blackhawk sold it in the 70s as I have an old catalog and the film is it in a mint Blackhawk box. But, I can't find any info about the film anywhere beyond the Blackhawk catalog. Did it become lost after Blackhawks initial sales? Love to find out any info anyone might have. Thanks.

I believe that was a 1928 film with Max Schreck, probably this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019308/

Comment

Thanks John. I did see that and also found it under that title in a film archive in Germany. They believed they had one copy. So it's still a mystery as to if maybe Blackhawk had the film, sold a few copies and then it disappeared. I researched it for months and still don't have an answer. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Comment

Schreck was a interesting one and accomplished experimental actor some might say today. The Collectors Club S8 print of Nosferatu was its biggest seller in the 70's I was told.
        Nice to read your post Tom. One day more of the Max films may be printed.

Comment

I got one std 8 Blackhawk copy!

Comment

Sounds like it is just a rarity rather than lost. Blackhawk may have only sold a few prints. Interesting that it may not have been out on VHS or DVD. Still researching.

Comment

I also have a Std 8 copy, so that's at least three in existence!

Comment

Working...
              X