Sankyo Dualux Jitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo Dualux Jitters

I'm having some trouble with my Sankyo Dualux 2000H. The picture's pretty jittery, and it definitely has to do with the take-up reel. My hunch is that it has to do with the little leveler arm in the front panel, but it could also be something else. I know there were answers to this on the old forum, but a lot of that seems to have disappeared, and this topic with it. Can anyone point me in the direction of the culprits (and then we can have the answers here for posterity's sake? Thank you!

I found the culprit! I recently had my projector serviced at International Camera (the claw had stopped grabbing the film and my tinkering just made it worse). In addition to fixing the claw issue, they gave everything a clean and replaced some gears - when putting it back together, they must have tightened the tensioner screw too tightly. I loosened that up a bit and I was good to go! I've attached a photo for reference.

Another problem I'm having though with my Sankyo, is that it seems that forward motion is moving a bit slowly, even on the fastest setting. What could that be? My hunch there is that it might have something to do with the electronics inside, perhaps a failing capacitor? Anyways, happy watching!

Comment

Another thing I've noticed and would like to make note here: loosening up the screw improved things somewhat, but the take-up reel still moved in jerks. Putting some white lithium between the tensioning screw and the nub of the take up reel smoothed everything right out. And now you know!

Comment

Working...
      X