Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Sankyo 2000H troubles: forward motion is a bit sluggish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Sankyo 2000H troubles: forward motion is a bit sluggish?

Just wondering if anybody would know what the trouble is with my Sankyo 2000H. Forward projection runs kinda slowly, but reverse projection runs just fine. I thought it might be the belt, so I replaced it with an extra one I was given with the projector, but no dice. Might the problem be electrical? Does anyone have a service manual for this machine? Thanks all!

Also, is this a cap here? And is does this look like leakage to anyone else?

Comment

I got the projector running at the right speed! For posterity's sake, in case anyone should need to know in the future: I replaced the capacitor (which is in the rubber sleeve) with a new one, and greased up every gear I could find. That did the trick. The film capacitor's value is 0.05uf and is rated at 400V. I replaced with a 0.047uf capacitor with no issues.

Comment

Thanks Nate for the update. Glad it worked out. This model Sankyo is an excellent projector.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
          Thanks Nate for the update. Glad it worked out. This model Sankyo is an excellent projector.
          It sure is! I love how gentle it is on the film. That and its variable speed features make this model excellent.

Comment

Did you happen to replace the spring belt up top as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden Lean View Post
              Did you happen to replace the spring belt up top as well?
              I did not - I have no idea how I would do that, or even how to get a new one in the first place.

Comment

I had this same projector but never felt the spring belt needed replaced. Most Spring belts should last the lifetime of the projector. Usually only the drive belt needs replaced. One thing I did do was add oil to the motor bearings. There are 2 at the front and rear of the motor. Here's a good tutorial on how to replace the belt and oil the motor on the Sankyo 2000H. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vymqDfzxp-w&t=16s

Comment

I'm having weird problems with my 2000H as well. It will make it thru an un-spliced reel ok, but always gets suck in the gate at the end of the film. Forget about spliced films, they will always get stuck in the gate at the splice, like the take up reel isn't providing enough pull to keep the film moving thru the path (I can help the reel with a little "push" to keep the film moving when it gets stuck). I've seen the YouTube vid on the belt replacement, but I never lubed the motor or put lithium grease on the claw lobe. I changed the belt out recently, so I'll try the lube and hope it works. I've cleaned out the film path and gate, so I assume thats not the issue with mine. I thought maybe the spring belt on mine was shot. We'll see what happens, as I'm going to dink with it after posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
                    I had this same projector but never felt the spring belt needed replaced. Most Spring belts should last the lifetime of the projector. Usually only the drive belt needs replaced. One thing I did do was add oil to the motor bearings. There are 2 at the front and rear of the motor. Here's a good tutorial on how to replace the belt and oil the motor on the Sankyo 2000H. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vymqDfzxp-w&t=16s
                    Any idea where to find a new drive belt for my Sankyo 2000H please?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Bell View Post

Any idea where to find a new drive belt for my Sankyo 2000H please?
                      Hi Roger,

Here's a seller on eBay that has a good rating.

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/itm/17444273933...Bk9SR-CLp4W5Yg

Comment

Working...
                      X