Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beaulieu 708 EL Projector Speed issue. No variable speed possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaulieu 708 EL Projector Speed issue. No variable speed possible.

I have owned the 708 el from new and never had any major problems however just recently have discovered that when its set to variable mode there is no control over the speed. The projector runs perfectly in which ever speed is selected. Has anyone any ideas. Having been in electronics all my life i know its best to do research before changing components. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Hello,

B708 EL "Mono" (only) , variable speeds efficiancy shows a very poor design from origin (it is not possible to reach 25 fps when setted to 24 fps) so that no video transfer possible on 25 Fps. (Observe there is no label "Video Transfer" on Lamp cover). So this is not a fault.

However B708 El "Stereo" allows 21,5 to 26,5 fps without any difficulties.

If you need your EL "Mono" offers same speed range than "Stereo" , consistent modifications have to be brought on regulation system.

Comment

Many thanks Phil this is something I was not aware of. Where would I find the instructions to do a modification ? So am I to understand that there is no meaningful speed change in either the 18f or 24f when selected to variable. I do appreciate any sort of help on this as my engineering experience on the 708 el is very limited.

Comment

Hi Wieslaw,

Beaulieu did not producted any modification to upgrade 708 EL "mono" variable speed function.

Yes , variable speed on "mono" machine is weak . Why ?
        Because potentiometer only works on "Capstan" regulation.

On "stereo" machine potentiometer acts on "capstan " and "main motor" in a same time : This allows to increase "variable" speed range significantly.

Comment

Thank you for that Phil. It looks as if I need to look for another machine.

Comment

Working...
          X