Eumig 824

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 824

Hi, have an Eumig 824 dual 8 projector. The film flows through fine in the forward position, but when I turn the lamp on, the film loops through the front of the machine and flows onto the floor. It worked fine up to yesterday. Any ideas what's happening?
    thanks!

Welcome Mary to The Forum. When you push down and then release the autofeed lever does it move back up to its original position?

Have you checked the gate to see that it is clean with no obstructions?

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210204_195608783.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	27637 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210204_195751722.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	27638

Comment

Is the rear sprocket turning? It should be pulling the film through from the gate.

Comment

Mary
        Are you operating the projector correctly?
        1) Trim/cut beginning of film in the film trimmer, this is the small slot at lower front side of projector, the cutting knob is nearby but facing you
        2) Turn control knob to forward run
        3) With left hand, hold down the auto-thread lever
        4) Continuing to hold down the lever, with your right hand feed the film into the slot above the lens
        5) Still continue holding down the auto-thread lever until the film comes out at the left end of the projector
        6) Release auto-thread lever
        7) Ensure film is taken up by the rear spool
        8) If all seem OK, now turn on the lamp and enjoy the show.

Maurice

Comment

Thank you. It was the back sproket, it was wiggley and loose. Fixed it! 🤗

Comment

Well done Mary. No one needs wiggley Eumig. One of my 1970s Eumigs has now developed a fault as well which I cant understand as it's only 46 years old awaiting parts next week.

Comment

Working...
            X