Keystone 109D Projector Needs Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone 109D Projector Needs Help!

I am trying to resurrect our old projector we had when we were kids. It's been sitting for years at my sister's home in the basement. I brought it to our home yesterday and tried playing some old home movies. At first when turned on the projector did not turn the reel. I put it in reverse then forward and it took off. Soon after I felt the motor getting quite warm so I shut if off. My thoughts are the lubrication has harden and needs to be cleaned then lubricated anew. My problem is I don't have any instructions on how to accomplish that and was hoping someone here could help me out. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Add some drops of lightweight oil like A1 oil or sewing machine oil into the holes that are painted red. I can supply you with a manual for the K109, but not the k109D. PM me if you are interested.

Comment

I'm considering using a little WD40 ahead of the lite oil to loosen any old residue. Any negative thoughts?

Well its a few minutes later and I tried the WD40. When I try and turn what is named the hand setting knob it is very hard to turn. I'm sure it should not be hard. Using the WD40 did not improve this condition. Has anyone opened one of these projectors to reveal the drive gears for cleaning? I don't want to venture to far without some help. Right now when I turn the projector on nothing is moving. I'm sure there is such a bind that the motor can't overcome it.
      Last edited by Jim Terry; February 25, 2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Projector now working. Janice the oil worked fine. My main problem is I forgot how to use the projector. Read over the instructions and found it was not in motion picture mode. Once I moved the slider the projector ran as it should. Now I'm going through some over fifty year old movies and looking back as things once were.

Comment

So happy for you Jim! Watching your home movies after all these years is wonderful! Glad I was able to help.

Comment

Working...
          X