Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 810D

Hi there.
    I came across two Eumig Mark S 810D LUX projectors but I am not sure which one to buy. One is the regular 810D LUX model and the other one the LUX HQS (High quality sound). The second one is obviously better but the problem is with the suprogon zoom lenses. The one with the HQS is 1.2 and the one without, 1.1.
    What would you recommend to purchase?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gorka Ibanez; February 25, 2021, 12:55 PM.

Buy the one with the 1.1 lens

Comment

Thank you, Russ. I was thinking the same. Do you know how a better machine is the HQS comparing to the other one? Is it only the sound or is there something else? I guess the sound on the regular one is still fine.

Comment

Eumig machines with HQS have much finer sound quality than those that don't, especially regarding bass. The power difference is quite noticeable and not just some marketing gimmick by Eumig. The HQS amp is really a great sounding amplifier!

Comment

Gorka
          I agree with Joseph.
          Buy the Lux HQS, the difference in the lenses is probably not noticeable on screen.

Maurice

Comment

Thank you both. Now I really don't know what to do :-|

Comment

The suggested projector is the best of the two to buy as it will have better sound than the regular model. The lens it has is quite acceptable. Go for it, but first make sure it has all the necessary parts as it is a dual-gauge model.

Maurice

Comment

I am actually thinking of buying both as the one with the 1.1 lenses is only €25. It might be good just for the lenses (and as a back-up, who knows).
                Maurice, what is dual-gauge? Sorry, but I am completely lost in the Super-8 world.

Comment

The one with the 1.1 lens is really quite hard to find now and you will have the benefit of traditional focus adjustment, IE Twist the lens to focus and not a knob. More accurate.

The later model HQS do offer a higher level of sound tho.

The Eumig 800 range offered Super 8 only and Dual Gauge that will project Standard 8mm and Super 8mm. BUT you must make sure all the switchable gates are there as is oft the case one gets lost from previous owners.

Mentioned many times but my 1972 807D (D for dual) is still in full vigor as are the rest of my Eumig projectiles.
                  Good luck Gorka :-)

Comment

Thanks a million, Lee. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

get them both indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                        The Eumig 800 range offered Super 8 only and Dual Gauge that will project Standard 8mm and Super 8mm. :-)
                        Gorka
                        A reminder that standard 8 is also known is regular 8.

Maurice

Comment

Yes, I am familiar with the two versions of 8mm. Thanks again, Maurice.

Comment

Also the 1.1 lens is only 18mm at its widest angle, so not a very big picture.The 1.2 is 12.5mm at its widest, a much larger picture from the same distance.

Comment

I got one of the projectors (the one without HQS) and something is wrong. It does turn on and when I switch to the first position in order to reel a film, the sound changes (all seems fine) but the conectors don't rotate, that is, nothing actually moves. I checked the instructions back and forth but it doesn't look like I am missing something. I can return it, no problem, but I am wondering if there is an easy solution to fix this.
                              Thanks again and sorry for my lack of technical language. I am really a newbie here ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X