Super 8mm Projector suggestions / comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post
    I have an offer to buy NEW OLD STORE Stock Elmo ST 180 E 2 track. The Seller doesn't know anything about it - picked it up in an estate sell appears new and unused. I am inclined to pull the trigger on it. Looks nice but it is a bit of a pig in a poke - I don't know how it runs - although she tells me it does run and the bulb works etc. But she has not run any film through it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	180.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	29613

that looks awesome but 350 dollars on a thing the seller doesn't know anything about seems a bit weird to me. I am not saying it is not worth that money but if it has never been used perfect... but keep in mind the belts are still 40 plus years old and might need replacing immediately.

I myself have made a ridiculous deal on a ST600 once, I couldn't believe it myself when i found it. it was new sealed in the box and i paid 15 euros! it did need new belts immediately. it has played many films since

Comment

Both Elmo and Eumig are excellent builds, but I would agree that 350.00 for an untested "brand new" projector is high, especially as ... A. You are taking this person's word that it is brand new. B. Though new, it is at least 40 or more years old and may not even be in working order. Therefore, either talk him down on his price, or look elsewhere. There are many to be found.

Comment

Working...
      X