Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo GS 800 fuse problem

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Elmo GS 800 but it has a problem, the owner worned me it has a motor problem but don't know where it came from (it was him grandfather's projector) . Wenn i open it i notice that the 5A fuse was broken but after changing it two time, it always blow up. Someone have ever met this kind of problem or know where it can come from? I want to emphasize the lamp turn on (no problem with the 2A fuse).
    I have join to this post several photos of the projector.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_792.jpg Views:	4 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	2966Click image for larger version  Name:	image_790.jpg Views:	4 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	2964
    Attached Files

Did you check it's a 240 (or 220) volts projector ? I have one that is 100 volts.

Comment

Dominique is making a good point.

-also: You should be able to grab the motor pully and turn it freely with your hand (unplug FIRST!)

Then again, with the controls in "stop", the motor shouldn't be able to blow a fuse even if it is locked up.

Comment

On this subject, I have a different problem.

Mine is also Japanese @ 100 volts.

Continues to blow and ruin the EFP lamp. Is this a fuse problem as well?

The original lamp that I removed was a surprise at only 50 volts! It was NOT an EFP. I suspect one of those store bought similiar lamps.

Comment

Yes, incandescent lamps don't like being run overvoltage. The wattage goes up with the square of the voltage, so you are running (115/100)squaredx100W=132W in hundred watt bulb.

-look at it this way: even at the correct voltage the thing is already running white hot!

Comment

So how do I fix this. Right now, the machine can't be used lamps do not light.

Comment

Hopefully there are sets of taps on the main transformer you can swap for configuring the input voltage. Just because the machine is configured for Japan, doesn't mean they aren't there. Every country you rate the machine for has a per unit charge at that county's safety agencies for putting their mark on the ratings plate. If you are going to sell a ton of them only in Japan, why pay Underwriter's Laboratories some of your profit for nothing?

Other than that, it could come down to finding a 100VAC transformer and bringing a little Japan to the GS!

Comment

Thanks for the help, Steve.

Nonetheless, these are great little projectors. I'm simply amazed on how quiet they are when chugging along...............

Comment

Thank for your reponses. But i have check, it's on 240V. do you know if this problem come from a short circuit or from the condo ?

Comment

There should be a rating plate on the back cover near where the power cord plugs in. What voltage is listed on it? (Shoot a picture?)

Comment

Pierre says that the owner warned him that there was a motor problem, he also says the lamp lights up OK. He further says that it is set to 240 volts.Therefore, as stated, it's the motor which is causing the fuse to blow.

I suggest a quick test. Turn the motor by hand to a different position and try again. There may be a short within one of the coils. Doesn't sound too good.

Maurice

Comment

I have check on the projector again (it cost me a another fuse):
                        -the fuse blow up directly wenn i plug it to the electricity (not wenn i turn the buton)
                        -i confirm the projector is set on 240v

I made some other photo of the different part of the projector, something seems anormal to you ?
                        I also upload a picture of the rating plate on the back cover
                        Attached Files

Comment

It certainly sounds if there is a short circuit to earth. Could be a faulty capacitor which has gone down. However, to trace this would need a circuit diagram.
                          Perhaps one of our more enlightened members could help.

Maurice

Comment

Thank you Maurice.
                            If someone have the circuit diagram or indication for this problem, i'm intrested in.

Comment

Pierre, I hope that can help you. It's taken from the GS 800 manual.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200130_165310~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	3178

Comment

Working...
                              X