Projector Spindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector Spindle

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Thank you for any help you can give. My wife has regular 8mm movies from the 50's and 60's. They appear to have a sound strip. I just bought on eBay a Chinon 8000 projector whose manual says it plays both 8mm and super 8mm. But, the spindles on the arms for the reels are the large Super 8 size and won't accommodate the smaller regular 8mm reels. Does anyone know if I can buy smaller spindles to swap out on the projector?

Swap the film prints to super eight reels.

Comment

Hi David
      I'm pretty sure the Chinon 8000 is a super 8 only machine, Mark

Comment

Mark is correct : https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...e=Sound%208000

Dual gauges projectors usually have a feeding arm with a standard/regular 8 spindle.

Comment

David
          The Chinon 8000 Sound is for Super 8 film only. It is not a dual gauge projector and will not take standard/regular 8 films.
          If your films are magnetic sound you will need a dual gauge sound projector like the Eumig 800 series.
          Eumig Mark S 810 D – Spare Part Finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

Does the manual mention "single 8" ? If so, single 8 is not standard/regular 8, it's, to summarize, the Fuji version of super 8.
            Last edited by Dominique De Bast; March 15, 2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I have a Chinon Sound 8000. Its box says "8mm Projector".
              The instruction book under film types says "Super 8 and single 8 film".
              Many people have been caught thinking single eight means regular/standard 8.

Comment

I guess I was mis led. is there a place on this forum to sell my new old projector?

Comment

Yes. https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...for-sale-trade

Comment

Working...
                  X