Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst waste of time super 8 releases ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst waste of time super 8 releases ...

How's that for a topic? My pick is the scope trailer for the film, "The Bible". Why? Great color, nice and sharp ... Nothing but still shots, just freeze frames from assorted stories in the film. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't films supposed to move?

Osi!

I've been trying to contact you by PM - have you received my messages??

Ali

Comment

I used to have a Collector's Club release called "York Railway Museum". It was all static displays within the museum hall. They didn't even move the camera around. It was a title, a still of a locomotive, a title, a still of a locomotive, a title, a still of a locomotive for like 8 minutes! Something that may have saved this one was a good sound track, but it was silent. So this was pretty much Super-8 being used to produce a barely mediocre black and white slide show.

To this day, it is one of very, very few films I have ever traded on. Considering some of stinkers I have anyway, this is really saying something!

Comment

Al ... I received your PM's, but couldn't get back to you. Many thanks.

Comment

Captain America cartoons so very cheaply made and it wasn't the super eight print it was the original animation from the producers directors in script you asked for a total waste of time for me this was it I don't even remember how I got the copy but for many years it's been showing at the local dump where it belongs

Comment

A bad print of a good movie is a shame,
            -but a good print of a bad movie is a tragedy!

Think about it: for the exact same expenditure in printing time, print stock and chemicals, they could have printed literally anything else! (-and there's no second chance. either!)

It's like a really ugly suit made of really great fabric!

There was this one Derann print I was always curious about: Booming Good Wishes. It was a short about the Greeting Card Industry. These have always baffled me: I'm late middle-age and I've sent maybe two in my entire life (-under duress!). My wife loves the things: she used to send me them after we got married, to the same address! I'm sure it's a personal bias (It's OK if YOU love them!), but I could never fathom why anybody would make a film on this subject.

I always wanted to snare a print: take it out of the packaging, hand it to my wife and say "It's for YOU!".
            Last edited by Steve Klare; March 15, 2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Was "Booming Good Wishes" a Look at Life short?

Comment

I think it was, but a used one never popped up for me to buy.

http://www.bfi-staging.org.uk/films-.../4ce2b69908e75

(Somehow forking over what a new print cost back then seemed kind of odd for a guy that doesn't particularly LIKE greeting cards!)

In general I really like Looks at Lives.

Some Favorites:
                Under your Feet
                Shopping for a Queen
                Spirit of Brooklands
                The Big Blow

Comment

Working...
                X