Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual for safely disassembling the Eumig R2000

Hello everyone, this post can be added to the technical topics

i have made a disassembly manual for the Eumig R2000 following the video made by Sonny Mikszath. I noticed there was a bit if guidance needed to prevent damage to the projector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh3gvlfyfz...anual.pdf?dl=0

let me know if you can access the file trought the link.

feel free to download the manual and spread it to anyone who needs it

Worked well for me Erik, thank you for sharing.

Do you have any recommendations for replacing the plastic-rubber inserts on the feet of Eumig projectors? They are similar on the 800 and 900 series (and on this R2000 whch made me ask the question); very often the rubber disintegrates. I know that I could simply glue on a felt circle but I'd prefer something a little more authentic that lifts the projector up a little more.

Comment

That is an excellent question. i dont have a good replacement for them right now and i also put some felt on it or leave it as is. and indeed they desintegrate just like the R2000 feet. the ones i put on the R2000 looke the most like the original but are to wide for the other models.

Comment

Nice job Erik! It's this kind of knowledge, and tips that will continue to save many great running projectors out there! Your expertise is well appreciated!

Comment

Erik,

Thank you! I have added this thread to the Index of Technical Topics.

Comment

Thats an excellent job erik.I have the bolex version and its running fine, the only annoying thing though is the speed selector switch, it works but seems very stiff to turn and feels like it could break.The mechanism probably only needs lubricating but there does not seem to be an easy way of getting to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Moffatt View Post
              Thats an excellent job erik.I have the bolex version and its running fine, the only annoying thing though is the speed selector switch, it works but seems very stiff to turn and feels like it could break.The mechanism probably only needs lubricating but there does not seem to be an easy way of getting to it.
              No there isn't, to get to it you need to get it out of its housing and split it. i wonder if the problem lies deep. the mechanism inside does not need lubricating because it is made of nylon and greased very well. it might be it is just the front button being somewhat stiff. you could try with a syringe or sometinh get a little bit of oil behind the selector

Comment

The only time i use this projector really is to take still shots of films i’m selling as you can be directly in front of the screen which is not possible with a normal projector, you have to be at an angle.Also these projectors use a 7mm lens which also fit in normal eumig projectors and they give a massive image though not very bright.

Comment

The lens in the R2000 is very limited in what it can do, because of the fact it is built in the projector there is no zoom, only focus. this lens is made especially for the R2000 screensize. i can imagine it does do interesting things when put in a normal projector

Comment

Yes at 7mm you could try for a screen that in relative terms would be IMAX in the home. With an HID conversion, of course to make it watch-ably bright.
                    I have a 10mm Isco lens and that gives a really big picture. I use it mainly for standard 8 and letter-boxed prints of 'scope films like the Marketing "Grease".

Comment

Working...
                    X