Spondon LPU power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spondon LPU power supply

I have found a Spondon Long Play Unit but it's "sold as seen" (the price I paid reflected that) and it doesn't have a power supply. It arrives tomorrow, but does anyone have any specs for the power supply? From what I can make out, there were two types - a S8 one and a S8 / 16mm one. I don't know which one I am getting until it arrives and it may be that the different models had differently rated PSUs as I think the dual gauge version had a larger motor.

I know one or two people on here have the Spondon units and if you could have a look at power supply rating, it would be appreciated!

Hello John. Not sure I can help you. I checked on my super 8 LPU bought directly from Spondon and the power supply does not mention any voltage (picture 1). I have a second LPU that came with a power supply (picture 2) but I don't know which Spondon model it originally was (spindle is 9.5, not super 8 or 16). Take this as an Idea if nobody else can provide you the correct information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210325_171740.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	30835
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210325_172004.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	30836

Comment

Thanks Dominique. That's absolutely standard (12V DC 2A) and what I was expecting. There's an engineer at my work who thinks he'll be able to measure the motor anyway so all should be well. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
      X