No announcement yet.

ELMO ST 180E M Projector questions and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good idea Philip, you run the risk of damaging the transformer due to the extra demand "amps" than it was designed for, I would suggest keeping to the 100watt.

Comment

Xenophot 150w lamps are 15v, so not without a separate transformer and I suspect extra cooling

Comment

The 100 watt lamp is an excellent fitment and I see no need to consider any update however difficult.

Comment

Thanks all. I figured it was going to be the 100W but wanted to make sure.

Comment

What are the BEST PRACTICES for Cleaning the film path for the ST 180E M ? Cleaning the sound heads is difficult because the area is so tight.

Thoughts comments suggestions??

Comment

Hi Philip,

I use q-tips and electrical solvent cleaner to clean all the film path and magnetic heads. Check though that the solvent cleaner you use is safe to use on the green plastic but myself I've never had a problem. Just bin the q-tips when they are dirty and use many.

Graham S

Comment

Graham is that solvent the kind you use for electrical connections and conductivity? I have a spray can of QD Electronic Cleaner - i use on my volume knob which sometimes doesn't conduct or has static - the cleaner seems to loosen it up.

I wish there were a good way to get in to the area where the reostat assembly for volume is on this projector.

Comment

So on this projector the film passes in front of the lamp on a hopefully smooth piece of metal that guides it down onward to the sound heads. The Lens has piece of metal with an aperture attached with a spring in front of the lens. I presume this is to hold the film in place as it passes downward in front of the lamp.

Base side of film faces the lamp. Emulsion side (the dull one) - faces the lens. Correct?

What is the best way to clean this path so that dirt is not present? I’ve used a wipe with FilmGuard to lubricate it. Is this a good idea or is there a better idea other than just NOT PROJECTING YOUR FILM? haha. In 1972 or so I noticed a long curl of emulsion being peeled off my favorite film - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein - right at the aperture - I cleaned it off and it stopped but the damage was done to my film. I’ve never forgotten that. Scary.

I’ve been told to clean often and I will having experienced some concerns regarding scratching which leaves those horrible green emulsion lines on a color print. Fine lines I can handle but those green ones? No way.

Appreciate everyone’s input here….Thanks in advance….

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Todd View Post
                    I`ve just noticed it has the little copper arm under gate loop/forming governor.
                    Thats the best threading version in the 600.
                    You mean this part?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4539~2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	85278
                    I have three 600 machines but none of them have it unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                    X