When was „This is scope“ released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was „This is scope“ released?

Hello everybody, does anyone know when the 200ft promotion reel „This is scope“ was released by Derann? Thank you in advance.

All the best,

Joachim

Joachim

I remember it around the release of Supergirl so that was 1986-1987 at the Blackpool convention.It could have been around before that but that’s when I recall it.

Mike

Comment

Thank you Mike 🙏

Comment

You do know that there were two? I am assuming that the one with Star Wars footage was around the time Derann released the full feature, Star Wars.

Comment

This is Scope II can’t remember when sequel was released. Was it early 90s?

Comment

This is Scope 2 Romancing the Stone There's No business like Show Business Star Wars Attack of The Death Star I have it

Comment

Joachim. I got my own this is Scope when it was released in 1989 so the receipt says. Memorable times at the Derann shop.

Anyone else in the uk remember when we lined up to collect our orders of the Star Wars feature?

Back to THIS IS SCOPE. You may yet see a This is Scope 3 being released sometime in the next 12 months as stranger things have happened. Watch this space 🙊

Comment

My "This is Scope" print was made on Eastman LPP stock, date code 1987.
                Don't know if this was a first or second print run, as I bought it second hand.

Comment

My Scope II prints are all on AGFA a thing of beauty

Comment

Wow, lot of new information! Thank you! Hmmm, 1987 or 1989... maybe a do a “~1987”?

Comment

I just found my December 1987 mailing from Derann and 'This Is Scope' was being promoted as a new release (£19.99). Interestingly, they said it was produced especially for use with "the new scope kit... Running for over ELEVEN MINUTES this reel is the ideal introduction to the world of SCOPE."
                      The kit cost £149.99 and consisted of a Kowa Prominar 16-D lens; a freestanding "multi use" bracket for use with any projector; and a "free" copy of 'The Is Scope'.
                      Last edited by Adrian Winchester; April 02, 2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

You'll be even more confused when TIS III is released Joachim. I don't remember the lens film option Ade, but since the dose of Covid my memory does play a few games to keep me on my toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                          You'll be even more confused when TIS III is released Joachim. I don't remember the lens film option Ade, but since the dose of Covid my memory does play a few games to keep me on my toes.
                          I am looking forward to TiS III - and what it will present!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Winchester View Post
                            I just found my December 1987 mailing from Derann and 'This Is Scope' was being promoted as a new release (£19.99). Interestingly, they said it was produced especially for use with "the new scope kit... Running for over ELEVEN MINUTES this reel is the ideal introduction to the world of SCOPE."
                            The kit cost £149.99 and consisted of a Kowa Prominar 16-D lens; a freestanding "multi use" bracket for use with any projector; and a "free" copy of 'The Is Scope'.
                            Thank you, so 1987 is year... I expect posting the digitized TIS I on my YT channel mid of June. I am always happy to ad the year of publication to these Super 8 promotion reels.

Comment

Working...
                            X