Versions of "The General"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versions of "The General"

Apart from variations of "Phantom of the Opera", it appears that Blackhawk Films released many versions of Buster Keaton's classic "The General", some 2x400ft, some 3x400ft and a 4x400ft full feature. Could anybody please give us a full listing of all the versions and when they came out? I'd be very curious if there were a silver box full version, or perhaps a green box edition.

HI Osi,

Mine "General" version is full feature , Polyester , Sound Mag tracks, printed on "color" stock, very nice print from LGFC , bought in 1985.

Comment

That would have to be a rarity! Are the different sections tinted?

Comment

hi! i do my self got the full lenght mine cames in 7x400ft ,it.s not from blackhawk,but i never saw the full leght by blackhawk.the 4x400ft must be another version in different running time.

best;
        luis caramelo

Comment

I have not screened it for a long, as far I can rember, B/W is well balance , no sepia tint , no dominant color.

Comment

Well, the full length feature would fit on 4x400, as the original run time ranges from 74 to 80 minutes, depending on which book or website you look at. That 7x400ft version must not be full reels. I am primarily interested in the Blackhawk editions, however. How about you, Shorty?

Comment

Working...
            X