First new print!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First new print!

Excited to tell you all I’m buying my first new print from REEL IMAGE! My first feature was tough to decide because Steve has such a great quality list to choose from, but in the end I knew it would be ET.

I look forward to saving up more down the road to add on, but I just wanted to share my excitement with you all!

Well done Lincoln and a good choice of film too, I remember feeling the very same when I made my first purchase of a new film, Mark

Comment

Way to go excellent!
      My first new purchase was in 1970 I think and the sheer magic of holding a new film reel, loading it on my projector then projecting it down a hallway with the power of a 50 watt lamp.

The new film prints are reely wonderful and a investment that will delight many times over. Reely pleased for you.

Comment

Great stuff Lincoln!

My first 'new film' purchases were from Portland Films, 55 Shaftesbury Avenue, London 😊

Comment

I’m so looking forward to having it in my hands and seeing what a brand new film looks like! My first new print since I started collecting in 2020.

Comment

Enjoy!!! Mark

Comment

Question to anyone who bought new prints: Do these come on cores when delivered or will they be on reels?

Comment

Lincoln,

Congratulations on your new print! All Super 8mm prints from the Reel Image are on reels.

Comment

I would strongly advise that you play this movie off the reels out of the box before you cut heads and tails for any big real make up I've been told by other vendors in the past but if you cut the heads and tails first and then discover a recording problem the warranty may be avoided but that will vary by the vendor that sells the print

Keeping in mind that an original countdown leader that is never cut off is important for sound synchronization during a re-record process

After playing the movie at least one time and confirming you are happy with the record process then go ahead and start to assemble on to bigger reels

Comment

Here's a tip from a professional projectionist.
                    When cutting off leaders and tails from a newly printed film cut in such a way that one frame of the picture remains on the leader and tail.
                    This way you can easily match to confirm where to replace leads and tails at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                    X