Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheech Chong Universal 8 2x400 picture please

Lee wrote on the other thread:

"Cheech Chong was my.last uni 8 2x400 gifted to me by my local dealer back then"

can Lee or someone else post the front and back art works please as I never seen one.

thanks

Winbert I have no art as was the thing at the time 40 years ago...The sales rep would come round with a small case of new releases and show them on a portable projector to get the dealer to stock. The story goes he left this print in white plastic boxes with my dealer not returning.

Devastating for me then as my local S8 dealer was retiring a wonderful encouraging man having two shops. One for still and one for cine also with a hire library.

I vaguely remember Derek at Derann when acquiring the Uni 8 stock over here had prints on sale which was a memorable time. I think the art was white background with two character's on.

Someone will rally to help your curiosity I am sure.

Comment

Any screenshots?

Comment

Wouldn't mind getting the box art to complete

Comment

I don't have this film, but thought forum members might enjoy this advertisement from the back inside cover of the last Universal 8 catalog (1980). In addition to these "future releases," U8 also released 2X400 sets of "Coal Miner's Daughter," "The Incredible Shrinking Woman," and "Battlestar Galactica: Conquest of Earth." I own all three.

Comment

Thank you Carter.
            It's not a film I watch a great deal as a special gift back then and the shop owner encouraged me so much as a boy for years. Sadly his cine shop closed and he passed on God bless his kindness to me.

Comment

Working...
            X