Two different eumig suprogon lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two different eumig suprogon lenses

I have two different eumig lenses, both are called suprogon.I thought each different eumig lens had a different name.The first is the familiar 1.2 12.5- 25mm zoom found on the 824 & 810 lux.The other is a 1.1 12.5mm fixed which i have never seen before and must be earlier as it has a screw type threaded metal barrel, i’m not sure which model it originally came with.The 1.1 fixed is quite a lot brighter than the zoom one, also at the same projecting distance using the same projector the image on the 1.1 fixed is a bit bigger than the zoom one set at 12.5mm so one is either over or under 12.5mm.

Attached Files

Interesting! i have never seen that left one, curious to find out from which projector it came. having a screwthread it should be from a Mark or a 700 but being fixed zoom is rare as most of them are with focus

Comment

I always thought the suprogon zoom a much better lens than the standard f 1.3. I bet that non zoom f 1,1 is even better .

Comment

The 18mm f/1.8 prime lens which was an option on the Eumig Mk501D was said to be better definition that most of their zoom lenses at the time.

Comment

Also the 1.1 25mm non zoom that came standard with the uk version of the mark DL gives a very good bright picture but the image is a bit small from a short throw. Could this 1.1 12.5mm have been an option for the mark DL. Is it mentioned in the instruction booklet as being an option ?.

Comment

Working...
          X