Elmo Pro Projector Bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo Pro Projector Bulb

The bulb turned off while projecting. New bulb didn't fix it. I checked the wiring, but didn't see a problem. Any suggestions?

Could be the light socket itself. These sometimes fail over the years.

Comment

Don
      What model Elmo has the problem?
      Is it newly purchased, or has it been in your possession for years with no trouble?
      I agree with Shane's diagnosis.

Comment

I can't find a source for a new socket. Any suggestions for a supplier?

Comment

There is no voltage going into the socket, so it's something else. The Elmo projector is GPE-SZ. I bought it several years ago, used condition. It may be time to junk it.

Comment

I would assume of there's no voltage at the socket then the socket is bad? You can order replacements online. Here's a link to Van Eck's website. It list which socket you would need. You don't have to order here but will give you a general idea what you need.
            https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...%20Hi%20Deluxe

Comment

Don
              As Shane says you may not be getting any voltage at the socket as its "holes" are probably corroded due to age.
              You can get obtain a replacement lamp holder on eBay.
              B&W 901 GX5.3 G6.35 Lampholder Ceramic Socket Surgical Shadowless Lamp Holder | eBay
              You will need to cut the existing wires and make a join.

Comment

I checked the wires that are connected to the socket, no voltage.

Comment

Don, Maurice and Shane are correct : even if the wires are connected, you will get no voltage if there is corosion in the two little holes where you insert the bulb.

Comment

A bulb blowing can also blow a fuse. Have you checked there is no fuse between the transformer and the socket? Also have you checked at the switch for voltage?

Comment

There is a main power fuse, but none for the switch which is a push/pull device. I checked the voltage at the places the opposite ends of the socket wires are soldered to.and there is voltage there, but again no voltage at the ends of the wires connected to the socket.

Comment

I cut the wires off the Socket and checked the voltage.again. There is voltage at the wires, so the socket is bad. Thanks guys for your help!!

Comment

That is good news.
                          Now you can order a new lamp holder.

Comment

I installed new socket, bulb came on for a few minutes then turned off. Unsoldered socket wires and checked voltage = ZERO. Also checked voltage at wires coming from main power port/socket = ZERO.

Comment

What voltage is the mains connected too? Most projectors have a mains with different voltages. For example 220, 117, 110 etc. Could your projector be connected to a lower voltage than what is coming into your house outlet. If say your projector is connected at 110 V and your outlet is 220 V then this could blow your bulb. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X