Laurel & Hardy's Musical Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel & Hardy's Musical Moments

Here in the UK on the Talking Pictures channel they have just shown Walton's L&H Musical Moments, complete with their own titles! 🙂

Missed that one Ali (they've shown quite a few Walton and Castle shorts - never thought I'd see them on TV - what a fantastic channel TPTV is). I usually check their weekly newsletter as it lists all the short films for the week ahead due to them not being part of their Radio Times listing. I just plain forgot to check this week.

I've tried subscribing to the newsletter by email but it doesn't send me anything. Think I will contact them about it (they are very responsive to email).

Can also highly recommend subscribing to the Renown Film Club from Talking Pictures. Their newsletters are a terrific read and remind you of the old film lists/mailshots that we used to get back in the 1970s.

Comment

They regularly have a stall - with some 16mm as well as their DVD releases - at UK film collecting events and I've bought a few 16mm shorts from them. They might also buy the occasional short on these occasions. I've spotted them using on TV a dayset from a reel that Derann released on 16mm.

Comment

What picture/ sound quality did the Walton film have? I'm presuming it was telecined from a S8 print, and the TV listing says it was an 8mm film. I do have the film in my collection anyway but I do miss Talking Pictures as I told the BBC where exactly they can stick their TV licence last summer. Missing Talking Pictures is my only regret not being able to watch 'live tv'.

Comment

The only reason I keep my TV licence is for TPTV Martin. I'm sure I read that they get a lot of queries about whether they do streaming, so who knows, maybe they could do something like Pluto TV (who show a lot of Laurel and Hardy) and I could ditch the licence fee.

All the Walton and Castle films that I've previously seen on TPTV have been good quality transfers.

Comment

I was talking to Noel, Talking Pictures boss, the other day and learnt that they can even handle 9.5mm.

Comment

I just caught after seeing it showing on the EPG. Very good picture, especially the Walton Logo at the end. Better than som eof their features which seem to have had multiple standards conversions.

Comment

Hi Gary. I don't normally watch TV until the evening but had it on earlier yesterday so it was great to see it 🙂

I'll look into getting the newsletter, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X