Derann's 16mm released ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derann's 16mm released ....

While those who collect 16mm have known for years, I have only known Derann as a super 8 company. A question, was Derann also allowed to release 16mm copies of they're Disney, MGM, Fox and otherwise, or were these just limited to super 8?

I could be wrong but I think it was a bit 'under the counter'. My copies of 'The Old Mill', and 'Bad Luck Blackie' were on the secondhand lists I remember, even though they were new and were not listed offically in the catalogue or Derann realease lists.

Comment

The 16mm prints new were mainly trailers and cinema intro/Pearl & Dean opening and closing titles/"Mobile Phone Spoof" (Turn off your phone during the film announcement) etc, but a couple of Disney's "Brave Little Tailor" "Tugboat Mickey" and Bugs Bunny 50th Anniversary did appear in their monthly newsletters in the 2000's.

Comment

'Lonesome Ghosts' was also advertised. Other non-trailer releases included the 'Flavour of the Month' advertisement reel and 'Pieces of Silver'. In view of the latter, I wonder if 'Reflections' was also available on 16mm but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
        X