Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 CLOSURE ANNIVERSARY OF DERANN FILMS....10 years on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 CLOSURE ANNIVERSARY OF DERANN FILMS....10 years on.

Sat hear watching some of my video footage filmed on old Sony DP150 DVCam and the last day of Derann Films 11th Sep 2011 and realized we have a pretty huge anniversary to celebrate this year in 5 months time.

Perhaps we can share some memories nearer the time, photos and videos if you have them via YouTube. Think about it have contribute nearer the time.

🙂

That would be a great idea Lee! 🙂

Some of the model railway exhibitions that I have been to release a DvD of the layouts being exhibited, so I'm sure your idea would be of great interest - especially for those like me who never made it to Derann back in the day.

Comment

I'm a little far away to have done very much about it, but I actually had a little closing ceremony for them here and wrote about it on the Grand Old Forum.

I'd been casually collecting silent films for 20 years, and I even noticed sound prints on eBay (with just a hint of regret...), but It took the idea that there was somebody out there still making brand new sound prints and I couldn't take part that finally pushed me over the precipice into Super-8 with sound!

Just around that time I showed up at my sister's house with my new (to me) Bolex/Eumig with extension speaker. They saw it and asked "What's the speaker for?"

-It was THAT revolutionary an idea!

Comment

Has it actually been ten years? My gawd, it doesn't seem like ten years. To be honest, I thought it was longer?

Comment

Working...
        X