eumig s912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eumig s912

First off I want to say hello! I've often browsed these forums but I've only just registered because I had a question on one of my projectors. I've enjoyed 8 mm since way back when with my first four Ken films Godzilla digests from the back pages of famous monsters of filmland,and Blackhawk Laurel and Hardy films, all on my first eumig projector. I did some work on a few of my projectors the last couple days. My eumig 500e runs great. And my eumig s802 with just a little TLC is up and running beautifully and sounds great. And my Kodak ectasound movie deck 265 continues to perform perfectly. I even have a couple bell and howell and GAF projectors that still run nicely. A while back at an estate sale I picked up an absolutely beautiful looking s912 eumig. It powered up and sounded smooth as silk. It looks pretty much unused. But it does seem to have a problem. The damn thing won't thread. The second the film hits the pull-down mechanism not only doesn't it catch but it feels like it's actually chopping slightly on the film although I don't see any evidence of that on the film itself . I opened it up and opened the pressure plate and manually threaded the projector and the film goes through absolutely fine right up until the point you release the pressure plate back and then the same problem happens. It's as if the pull down claw mechanism ( which I can see moving quite clearly) refuses to transport the film and instead I get a horrible ratcheting sound. Fortunately the film I was testing on was nothing important. But I'd like to see if I can figure out a solution. It looks to my eye like everything should be working perfectly normal but that film gate area seems to be a real hang up figuratively and literally. There's nothing obstructing it. So perhaps one of you fellow enthusiasts would have an idea of what I can do! I really hate for this just to sit on the shelf looking pretty... so if I can't fix it I can always see if someone with more technical knowledge than I have would be interested. But it would be nice to see if I can get this up and running myself. any suggestions or ideas anyone has would be hugely welcome. And if I can't get it up and running if anyone is well-versed and eumig projectors, let me know. Thanks guys so much for all your help in advance!

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=011200

Comment

It's good to know that the "old" Forum can still be accessed.

Comment

Thanks so much! I'll see if I can try that and make it work. It's such a beautiful looking machine that it would be heartbreaking if I can't figure this out. It's interesting to hear that that the 900 series by eumig was a rare design stumble. As I said my 500 series in my 800 series projectors both run great. All I really had to do with the 800 to get it running perfectly was some work on the clutch mechanism. My parents bought it for me way way back and it still looks marvelous. And I'm amazed that my Kodak movie deck has run flawlessly and never scratched a single film. My wife and I watched a couple laurel and Hardy films the other night and a few of my Ken films digests. Certainly takes me back to those pre-home video days.

Comment

The later 900 series model with front feed spools were good.

Comment

Working...
          X