Can you identify this socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify this socket

Hello all. I have this socket fitted to my GS1200 Arc light projector. But I do not have the mains cable that screws into it. The socket accepts mains power and then has additional cabling to the arc lamp direct from mains power. Your thoughts appreciated, cheers stay safe all.

Hi Mark,

This looks like a bulkhead connector. It is meant for dirty and wet environments like automotive and marine applications, basically to keep the pins dry and clean and prevent fluid ingress inside the panel it's mounted upon. The first time I saw one of these it was a military spec. one for a power supply my company was building for a USMC communication system: the power supply was expected to be fully immersible. (The Marines are awfully hard on their gear!)

I do believe we have some custom wiring going on here: this is nothing I would expect Elmo to ever use in a projector.
    Last edited by Steve Klare; April 28, 2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Looks quite similar to the power lead connection on Debrie projectors, though I think yours has more pins. Debries were used extensively by the military which supports Steves post.

Comment

Hello,

This is MS mililtary norm , see "AMRON" connectors for exemple .
        Can be found in AMPHENOL catalog too .

Picture is just for exemple, because here plug is male (pins assortment) . you need plug with sockets.
        However I suggest to replace plug & receptacle as a set (your receptacle seems to be poor condition). Choose pin/socket gauge relating to curent crossing circuit

Click image for larger version

Name:	AMRON.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	33192

Comment

I agree with Phil.
          Replace the chassis mounted plug with a new chassis mounted multi plug, and a matching line mounted socket.

Comment

Yes the socket is a custom fit to a gs1200, it allows mains voltage in to run the projector, then a direct live off to the ARC lamp. Its been very well done, with new lamp housing, but just finding a replacement lead is a swine.

Comment

Working...
            X