Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Metal Versions of These Adaptors Exist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Metal Versions of These Adaptors Exist ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09650.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	33257 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09651.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	33255 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09649.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	33256

Can anybody tell me if metal versions of this plastic super 8 to standard 8 reel adaptor exist, please, and where can I get hold of any ?
    My main problem is that I am using them on 16mm rewind arms to rewind super 8 and they are constantly breaking and am running low on them.
    Any help / advice would be welcome. Thank you.

I can't help with metal ones but I too use plastic ones and did have the same problem. I found they would break if put on to 16mm rewind arms on their own, with no reel, almost as though the adapters were slightly too small so that the rewind arm spindles would snap them. Instead I always put them in a reel and then on to the rewind arm spindle. The reel keeps the adapter under pressure and in shape and when the reel is removed I make sure the adapter is removed also, at the same time. I can't say that the situation may be the same as yours, but I have not had them snapping going through this procedure.

Comment

Steve Osborne sells a metal adapter. https://thereelimage.jimdofree.com/our-web-showroom/

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-29 10.27.15 PM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.4 KB ID:	33298
      Last edited by Shane C. Collins; April 29, 2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Shane.

Of course, I should have realized ! Silly me !

Comment

Those brass adapters with square holes as advertised on Steve's web-site wouldn't fit on my 16mm Robert Rigby Premier rewinders.

Mine have round spindles with a "key" that fits into the slot on 16mm and standard 8 spools. And, into the slot as shown on Melvin's photos when used for Super 8 spools with the plastic adapters.

Comment

Working...
          X