My HDI Eumig projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My HDI Eumig projector

This little masterpiece arrived three days ago. I ordered from forum member Lee Mannering a while ago but I had to wait for shipping possibilitie (Brexit and covid...). As expected, and as it becomes to be known now in our little amateur cine world, the picture is brighter than on standard machines. The projector is also beautiful to look at with its finishs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210429_082818.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	33260

Name:	IMG_20210429_082827.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	33261

Name:	IMG_20210429_082859.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	33262

Name:	IMG_20210429_082912.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	33263

Name:	IMG_20210429_082925.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	33264

Name:	IMG_20210429_082952.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	33265

Welcome to the club, Dominique!

Comment

Dominique,

That is one sharp looking Eumig. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats Dominique! That Eumig is very impressive. Brighter is always a good thing when projecting film and this mod looks like a winner. Enjoy!

Comment

Looks good. I'll have to start my attempt on a conversion. I have the parts now.

Comment

Looks great Dominique, certainly changes the look of the films for the better, enjoy, Mark

Comment

What a beauty! Makes me want to ditch my GS1200 ! I'm curious about the extra fan, is the input duct at the bottom of that appendage on the cover, or does it just blow air around from the inside of the machine?

Comment

I'll let Lee answer all the technical questions 😀

Yesterday, I tried a film in colours, a little bit faded ; big improvment with the HDI lamp.

Comment

Great projector Dominique. I wish you lots of beautiful projection with.

Comment

Thanks, Pierre. I watched a black and white super 8 feature (with my Spondon LPU), yesterday and it was fantastic.

Comment

Thank you Dominique and as John says you are now in the club which is fairly elite owning one of my lifes collection of 30 Eumigs and a conversion I researched and designed when having Coronavirus to keep the mind going. At least one good thing came out of it.
                      Many of my machines have now reached appreciative hands and they are enjoying the little wonder machine.
                      Some have gone world wide now and thankfully arrived intact due to my over packing.

Research wise I spent many days doing tests including temperature lamp calibration which is critical. Get it wrong and you risk damage. With the teeny Eumig it's not a bolt on and go unlike a GS1200. Which has plenty of air space.

My machines get a service before leaving, demonstrated if local with a short training session, hum reduction plus many more treatments to get the best from them.

Converting the humble Eumig is not a quick or easy job particularly using Mercury filled HID lamps so great care is taken throughout the process using protective equipment. When eventually a lamp has reached its life end everyone gets the offer of free replacement fitting with the lamp at trade no profit price.

I'm also reely pleased thanks in large to a non film expert to introduce a special anti scratch protection to film guides in my Eumigs which will be renewed free of charge in 12 months. For me this is the best thing to protect our films from possible guide scratching. If you got one of my HID Eumigs from the last 6 months you will have it applied.

I love my hobby as the enthusiasts do and its wonderful to see a new dawn for The Little Eumig.

Comment

Working...
                      X