Happy 60th Birthday year to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 60th Birthday year to me

Well it had to happen this year I'll be 60 and I can still lift the REEL test a Elmo GS1200 and a pile of films in the other.
    As its a minor milestone for me I've made the executive decision to spread the celebrations thinly throughout the year to make the most of my interest/hobbies.

First up is to project 60 feature films across the gauges which I started Jan 1st
    Second is to film 3,600 frames of Super 8 (50ft) spaced over 60 days of things important to me.
    Lastly to sing and play 60 of my favorite George Formby songs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LLM1.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	33353

That's the easy bit!

Looking back at life I enjoyed my childhood working in entertainment, Film,TV and stage the latterly behind the camera myself which continues today. Still do the odd TV job but its much more fun filming on Super 8 and projecting efforts on any brand of projector and mingling with other film collectors sharing our stories.

Film has been central in my life which is probably why I wound up in entertainment at such a young age also working with quite a few star names back then. I cant remember a week go past where I wasn't projecting some film at home from around the age of 8 and what great fun its been.
    Touring with Junior Showtime with Hughie Green in the early 70's offering to film rehearsals on my 8mm camera at NATO head quarters. Tommy Trinder wanting to see one of his films projected on 16mm and sitting on Diana Dors knee as I asked about her working with Frank Randle in a film.
    Good times indeed but also a little exhausting for this young boy after a day at drama school and commuting in and out of London.

The high spots today are beloved wife, my Son, some REELY nice films friends and of course doing a little bit to keep film going just for the love of it.

Attached Files

Birthday greetings Lee. We go back a long time and always look forward to seeing you at the cine fairs and having a chat.All the very best for this special year and can't wait for things to return to normal. Nearly forgot , say hello to Val.
    John

Comment

Thanks John. I'm with you on that we will be looking forward to seeing our loved film fairs across England and having a good old chat.

Pondering the old photo collection and came across this when Pinewood asked me to present Odeon with the best presentation of Bugsy Malone.
      Given the chance I would have given Derann the best S8 print award as well 📽 A great fun film to be in back then.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Odeeeeon.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	33361 With hair working at BBC at the time. That day I had been at Drama School, BBC Shepherds Bush, presented award to Odeon, got changed in a camper van to go on stage with Tommy Trinder for 2 shows at the Queens Theatre. Tommy was another one who never came off till midnight.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lee !

Comment

Lee, did you ever meet Tommy Cooper? The funniest man ever!

Comment

Cheers Lee, God Bless...Shorty

Comment

Only briefly Paul going up in a lift at London Weekend Television. Was working in Just William at the time with Diana Dors and Ms Langford. Tommy towered down on me at the time.
              You often shared a lift with the big names at the time. Did Top of the Pops in '77 part of a backing group. The dressing rooms were a long corridor at the BBC tv centre so you bumped into many bands. Being a fan of Blonde it was great to say hello to the band and others.

Has to be said I used to go walk about a fair bit down to the VT engineers and asking about films and flying spot scanners.
              Nice memories in perhaps simpler times.

Comment

I feel like such an old lady amongst all you youngsters Happy 60th Lee!
                Last edited by Janice Glesser; May 01, 2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to you, Lee! I'm 5 years behind you! Remember the wise words of Indiana Jones, ". It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage!"

Comment

Happy birthday, Lee...!!!

Comment

Lee, Happy Birthday!🎂

You certainly have had an eventful life - and your enthusiasm and enjoyment still shines through in your posts on here 😊

Have a great day and year ahead!

Comment

Well Lee, a Happy Birthday whenever this year it is. I assume form the title it is not today.

Comment

Lee,

Happy Birthday! I've often said I'm celebrating my birthday weekend or even my birthday week, but you've got me beat with a whole year of revelry!

Comment

Happy Birthday! I'll be celebrating the same one in two years!​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Lee!,

Happy 60th! -and thank you for all your contributions to this (generally) benevolent and (generally) decent hobby.

I recently turned 59 myself, and I am OK with that because generally I feel my life has been blessed. I bet you feel much the same.

Something deep inside told me I need to lift some weights to keep vigorous. I found the solution: add 16mm!

Comment

Working...
                              X