Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technicolor Super 8mm print. how can i tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technicolor Super 8mm print. how can i tell?

I have 400 feet super 8mm sound print titled: Its a Wonderful World. Made in the 1970’s for cinema or in-flight movies. Its the story of STEEL. How our lives have changed due to products made from steel. Very high Production values production and some fab photography. Question is this, is it a Technicolur IB Super 8mm print. I had it transfered to digital by a pro and the transfer looks good. I made a few pictures of the leader maybe to give some clues.

It has 3S by the side between the perforations , that is an Agfa code so I would say it is a print made by Technicolor labs on Agfa stock.

Comment

Hi Brian. With thanks. yes i did see that printed between the perfs but i thought that it meant that....This print was split from four printed together and this print is number 3 !!. thats the 35mm film width with four super 8mm perfs which was used a mass duplication of prints. Thanks and corrected. I will do some screen grabs of the film and put them up. best t

Comment

There are rumored to have been actual IB tech super 8 that Technicolor experimented with,but I have never come across one. A good agfa print, from an original Technicolor source material, won't be far off in color brilliance.

Comment

Frame grabs from - Its a Wonderful World- super 8mm print

Comment

As far as im aware there are no actual technicolour prints on 8mm.

Comment

Another discussion of this topic from 4 years ago: https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...c;f=1;t=011417

Comment

Hi Ed, with thanks for the link. I did find that old topic and with great info. It seems to date that no IB super 8mm prints had been made, or at least have been discovered!

If anyone would like to see the wonderful world the link

https://youtu.be/1xoy_Hgmu3Y

Comment

Working...
                X