Elmo Projector GP-E Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo Projector GP-E Problem

Super 8 Film image is jumpy and it makes chattering sound. Image is not jumpy if run in reverse. Some times I can see the claws engage the film, but at times they don't. The loop restorer and threading knob don't correct it. I tried another Super 8 film, same problem. I tried to load a regular 8 film to see what would happen, but the projector chatters loudly and won't spin forward or reverse.

Swing the gate open and slowly rotate the inching knob by hand. Does the claw move up - down, and in - out as it should?

Comment

Yes I see the claw move as you described.

Comment

Maybe someone had "attempted" to adjust the claw tip position in the past and it's now out of whack. Possibly not by a large margin - just borderline "off" enough to cause trouble only on certain films.

Comment

I'm almost ready to junk this projector. Some times it stops running forward or reverse with or without film loaded and makes a loud chattering noise. Flipping forward/reverse lever several times corrects it and it starts running again. I can't determine what's causing this. Any suggestions other than junking it?

Comment

Working...
          X