Comment

I always liked the advertising.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080065.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	76477

Comment

That’s one of the ads that I never understood. Or have you ever seen a (dark) cat using a camera?

Comment

Well no luck so far, they have been checking things out locally, but as I suspect, to many years have now past just over 50, but it was worth a try, however now that the still photos from the films I sent them have made the rounds, there is always a chance someone might recognize them.

Another projector I got up and running a few years ago is the Bolex 18-5 it didn't take much, just new belts a lube and clean. I like the manual threading more of this machine over auto threading.

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg Polzfusz View Post
            That’s one of the ads that I never understood. Or have you ever seen a (dark) cat using a camera?
            The idea is that it can film dark cats in coal cellars. Who you would persuade a dark cat to go down a coal cellar I don't know!

Comment

Brian, when I was a lad, for many years we lived at Blackheath and the coal cupboard was accessed from the garden. Its door had a gap at the bottom and our black cat would often go in there if he could not get indoors if it started to rain. Ken Finch.😊

Comment

I was a bit of a dark cat with this camera one dark wintery night back in the 1970s. I waited for rain, and then for it to stop, went into the centre of town armed with a roll of Ektachrome 160 film to see how the camera would go filming the light reflecting street scenes and neon signs, even a changing color lights of a fountain. When the film came back I was amazed and very pleased with the results, you can take the camera right down to very low light and it still works fine without the need for extra lighting. However 160 film was a little bit grainy, but the results were very good. For all daylight filming I used Kodak 40, but the experiment with shooting 160 in the dark was impressive. I still have that film and it still looks good with zero fade

Canon made some very nice cameras the 512 XLE was certainly one, even to this day the camera can still run

Comment

350 Feet of 8mm Home Movie ~1950's Korea & Japan, 519th MP Battalion, Post Korean War, fetches over $300 Aust'

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8mm-Home...p2047675.l2557

400 Feet of 8mm Home Movie ~1934 Shanghai, Canton & Peking, China fetches over $380 Aust'

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8mm-Home...p2047675.l2557

Comment

This would have to be some of the oldest Standard 8mm film that I have sorted out, Its all Black and White footage, I think at a guess it was taken around the late 1940s here in the South Island. I must add that the Kodak Std 8mm projector has been really good to operate. I do like having a projector with a speed control.

Anyway I just up-loaded this footage to you-tube taken of the projected screen image straight from the 8mm projector.

Comment

Amazing Graham! Your video posts have never been equalled on this Forum. It is a nice touch to begin the clip with the actual projector in use! Never before have I seen or owned this one but appreciate your love of both the machine and the print! Excellent!

Comment

Thanks Burton.

Comment

Just thought I might show you folks my high tech transfer unit I have been using since day one I use a drill press vice to clamp it together, the camera is a Panasonic HC-V180 aimed at the screen and I use the manual setting. Its nothing fancy but near enough for my purpose.

Name:	P1330446.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	78868

Name:	P1330445.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	78869

Comment

This is brilliant, showing a Kodachrome 1922 test film, up-loaded to you-tube by Kodak

Comment

Graham,

The 1922 film is stunning. This article by James Layton details the history of this film, which was the first presentation on any screen of the Eastman Kodachrome process.

Comment

Thanks Doug that article was very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X