Carnival and Atlas sound films?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival and Atlas sound films?

Did Carnival and Atlas films ever release any sound film releases? For those who don't know, these two companies were truly bottom of the barrel, heck, they make Niles Films look like Derann films in comparison. That's how bad they were ... but they were cheap, and a kid could easily afford them!

Osi,

I have one 400' Atlas Films color/sound release: Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp. In typical Atlas fashion, the film is missing the last minute.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ALADDIN Atlas.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.4 KB ID:	34564

Comment

Doug! I'd forgotten that you have that! It's been years! Is that in color? Is it faded, just curious.

Comment

It's still a nice sharp print with good contrast (which is very atypical of Atlas), however the color has faded.

Comment

Doug, those Sterex boxes....did Atlas have a catalog or brochure of some kind? Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Shorty,

I've never come across an Atlas catalog. As for the box, the Popeye print came in a plastic "flip open" case.

We can add another title......I found this image originally from an eBay auction years ago:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Atlas superman.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	36.3 KB ID:	34726

Comment

I have 2 like this, flip-open plastic style...was wondering which outfit manufactured them

Comment

Don't know if these are sound or silent that someone has for sale on ebay (probably silent).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22443286392...UAAOSwhBFgfw~R

Comment

Those are all silent...odd thing about those plastic connected boxes, Hanna-Barbera A&C cartoons were also released...again, don't know who released them and the manufacturers of the cartons...Shorty

Comment

Working...
                  X