Eumig mark 610D, A tribute video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig mark 610D, A tribute video

Hello all, I finally have finished my video about the eumig mark 610D. i explain how this projector works and why it works a bit different compared to "classic" filmprojectors. i also embedde a link to a wonderfull video from the engineer guy who explains the classic filmprojector setup. the information applies to all projectors made in the 600 range from eumig, bolex 18 range and revue 2000 range. enjoy!

https://youtu.be/mXV5ntOuN70

Very nice video Erik. Really interesting and well made. And what a collection of projectors!

Comment

Erik
      Many thanks for a very interesting video. The Eumig 601D shows a remarkable degree of design.

Comment

Great post Erik and very interesting. I think most of us just take the workings for granted without the knowledge of just how ingenious the mechanics are that enable the features provided on these machines.

Comment

Yes, it's wonderful how they made all these operational sequences work mechanically. These days it would be all firmware: easier, cheaper, much friendlier to being modified if something's not quite right.

-but what these mechanical designers did was basically art!

Of course, what I like about it is when I take it apart, it's much easier to figure out how it's supposed to work, and what to do when it doesn't work.

Comment

Great video Erik! Yet another example of the sheer brilliance of the Eumig engineers in Vienna. No wonder they sold more projectors than anyone else in the whole world. It's still heartbreaking that the Polaroid Polavision debacle, combined with the advent of magnetic video, brought this incredible company down.

Comment

Yes it is true, one can only wonder what they could have brought into the world if they still would have existed

Comment

Very interesting video and well made Erik. I look forward to seeing more, based on your collection.

Comment

Well Done Erik. Here in the UK it was a popular choice for video transfers due to the non flicker and we had many media businesses using them back in the day including mine some years back. All that was until Tobin came on the scene and later affordable good quality scanners for business. Still have my original 610D Lux boxed in the archive of projector memories of course.

Comment

Excellent Erik, thanks that was most interesting

Comment

I really enjoyed your video Erik! I've always been fascinated with the engineering of film projectors. Your video taught me a lot. I too still have a 610D Lux that I take off the shelf now and again. I guess it's time to get it out and run it. Thank you!

Comment

Great video and very informative Erik, Mark

Comment

I always tended to overlook the sprocketless Eumig models but the video shows just how clever the design was.

Comment

Ummm! So it's your fault for me getting a 610. Right, I see!

Probably watched it a few days ago. As I'm completely new to projectors and have no idea which is best. You answered that question in the first couple of seconds. Really didn't want any projectors as just digitizing. Had the Ricoh on hand for both formats of 8 and a Wolverine. So I was really covered. The old classic projectors looked cool and mechanical. So I got one, well first, it was the viewers/editors to assist with cleaning film prior to digitizing. Then the projectors. No, tell a lie, splicers. Then projectors. A Bell & Howell Filmo "Master" 8mm. Shockingly the P8's stole the show though, just so well made. Eventually, and really after your video, the Mark 610D Lux.

I won't hold you responsible though As I did enjoy that video. Very well made and constructed.

Comment

Yes, well done and presented, Erik!

Comment

Working...
                              X