8mm Sound Sears Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm Sound Sears Projector

I've been unable to get into this Sears Projector Sound Projector as I think it needs new belts. The small bolts seem impossible to open up the workings. Motor is not engaging. It's maybe an easy fix once I get in but maybe not. I don't really need it as I have no Sound 8mm films but one. Anyone interested for free +shipping?
    Attached Files

Hi Richard Bock To remove those screws you will need a very thin walled 3/16 hex driver. However I was able to remove them using needle nose pliers.
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; May 24, 2021, 10:23 PM.

Comment

You are a source of good information. Thanks Janice! I'll give the needle pinch nose solution a try soon.

Comment

Does anyone knows who manufactured this projector? Looking at the construction , I would guess Bell & Howell. Although, I never recall them releasing a standard sound 8mm projector. Anyone has one that is working?.........peformance quality?

Comment

It certainly looks similar to the silent B&H projector my uncle used when he showed his holiday home movies.

Comment

Yes, this projector was made by Bell & Howell for Sears.

Comment

Impressive looking machine! Looks like an existing silent projector design with an added on sound head and amplifier.
              I never had much luck with Bell & Howell's, they always seemed to scratch my films.

Comment

Working...
              X