Standard 8mm film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard 8mm film

Well I am slowly sorting out the boxes of films for a local Heritage Society in particular Standard 8mm home movies, After spicing some reels together this was a small part of the result. I hope that someone out there, that appears in those long ago films, can get in touch with more information, as to there origin etc, that would be great.

Although in saying that, I have to remember a number of years have past since they were taken, with the possibility that the folk in them may no longer be around.

Such a privilege to sort thru heritage films particularly when someone makes contact.
    My late father was a keen 9.5mm film maker and eventually I got a 9.5 projector in the 70s to show his films on. The people started making contact with Dad wanting to see the old films of Kent village life UK. A smashing time with people popping in and out to see them.
    A bit of a challenge for this young man back then as the old Pathescope Gem motor was overheating so I used a hair dryer on cold to cool it in the shows. Dad always pulled my leg about the hair dryer!

A sad moment was when a young man was on screen and a woman in the audience spotted her brother who had been killed in a road accident. Made me realise the power of film home movies all those years ago.

Hope you get some good results with these priceless memories

Comment

Thanks Lee

One thing about looking at those films is how times have changed, they are really a window to the past. I spoke to the guys at the Heritage Society "Photographic" and it was them, that mentioned little hope of contact as in there view to many years have now passed.

However putting the content out there, you just never know.

Comment

Working...
      X