Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues With Bauer Royal 10e & Elmo Super Wide F20S XL, Worth trying to repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues With Bauer Royal 10e & Elmo Super Wide F20S XL, Worth trying to repair?

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to this, so please bear with me here.

I have come into possession of the two models of camera mentioned in the title above, but both unfortunately have issues I am trying to see if are worth trying to repair.

The Bauer has a broken battery compartment end cap, which I have attached photo's of. I was hoping someone on the forum may own one of these, and possibly be able to provide a photo of how this battery compartment is supposed to fit together? It seems like it may possibly be fixable, but at this stage I have been struggling to work out how this part fits together, and if I am missing any components.

The Elmo was working previously, but has not been in use for several years. When I first inserted batteries and switched it on, the motor ran briefly as the trigger was pressed, but stopped soon after and has not worked again. The electronic zoom does work, and there is a green indicator light inside the viewfinder when the trigger is pressed.
    I would assume the issue with the Elmo would most likely require professional servicing to fix (if at all possible), but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the same issue?

I am based in Australia, and I'm unsure of whether there is anyone here that is able to service this particular camera here. I did find a website for a business called Sydney Super 8 which say they offer some repair services, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them?

Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to offer advice. These sound like fun cameras, it would be great if I could get either of these up and running.

c_royal_6e_10e.pdf

The attached PDF has some info on the 10e. If you do an online search you may find a full manual. I noticed that a used Bauer 10e camera sells for $10 to $50.

Comment

Thanks Ed,

I actually managed to get the Bauer motor running after a bit of jigging around with the battery compartment cover. Sadly no luck with the Elmo at this stage though.

The only other issue I have come across so far is that the zoom function is quite stiff, but I suppose I can live without that if everything else is in working order.

The Bauer has a time exposure function for long exposures I would love to play around with, so I am hoping that I can get this thing going. I have just ordered a few rolls of film, and will shoot a test roll when they arrive. I am pretty eager to see the results of how it goes.

Comment

Working...
      X