Standard/regular 8 stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard/regular 8 stock

Fresh filmstock available here : https://filmphotographystore.com/col...eid=80f147d541

Thank's for that great news Dom! Time to break out my Bolex C8 with the Pan Cinor zoom lens.

Comment

It would be interesting to know if the processing lab returns the whole length of film, or just chops off the double 25ft.

Maurice

Comment

I shot a roll of Fomapan 100R B&W and sent it to Cinelab back in late December. I’m still waiting for the processed film to return. I guess they were closed some for the holidays, are doing maintenance, and backed up on orders, and only do Fomapan once a month.

I shot a roll of the Cine8 50 positive B&W in a canon zoom 8 reflex. I sent this roll to Spectra in CA and got it back in less than five days. Exposure was blown , my fault, first time I’ve used this camera. I know where I erred and am waiting for some sunshine to try again :-) . I did get images, it was a test roll and worked great as such.

I also have a roll of the Color 50D Negative loaded in the Bolex awaiting that sunshine.

I think it is great that we can now shoot regular 8mm again with a variety of stocks not just Fomapan. 100’ rolls no less.

Speaking of Fomapan, I noticed that FPP dropped Foma from their store. Is the new F1 repackaged Foma or something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
          It would be interesting to know if the processing lab returns the whole length of film, or just chops off the double 25ft.

Maurice
          Maurice, it is split from 16mm to 8mm and then spliced into one 50’ length. I think you can request that the lab not cut it if you want. I’ve considered doing something like that as a project/experiment.

Comment

Clay
            In my early days of using standard 8 some companies like Geveart returned the whole film as originally supplied (obviously split and re-joined), but Kodak trimmed the film's length and only returned 50ft. If you complained they said you paid for 50ft and that's what you've got.
            We crafty cine-photographers who used film from certain manufacturers loaded and unloaded their film in the dark . That way we got a real bonus of extra length !!

Maurice

Comment

Maurice,

I get what you’re talking about now. I actually never thought about it. I will have to test and find out. Interesting

Comment

The instruction books for standard/regular 8 cameras suggest running the camera for about 10 seconds after loading to get past any film which was fogged whilst loading. At 16fps this amounts to approximately 2ft. Thus, allowing for each end of the 25ft roll it gives an actual film length of approximately 29ft.

The film may be trimmed in processing to 25ft before it is slit and the two pieces joined together.

This is why, if the film is left in its full length by the processor and not cut, it gives the extra length of film to use if the camera is loaded and unloaded in the dark.

Maurice

Comment

Two rolls of 100 feet each arrived today, black and white reversal Click image for larger version

Name:	100 footers.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	3586

Comment

Great, Michael. Please, let us know when you get the results.

Comment

Working...
                    X