Florida on Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida on Super 8

Came across this bit of Super 8 film the other day, its fading away but it might be of interest to someone hence the up-load to you-tube

I added just one piece of music from you-tube copyright free library to this silent film.

One thing I must ask, can someone tell me the year?

Thank's for posting that Graham. Of great interest to me as we moved here to Orlando the same year that Disney World opened in 1973, and my guess would be that this would be the same year this film was made.
    It's quite fascinating to watch it now and get glimpses of how things have changed. Disney World has had a huge impact on Orlando of course, and not all of it good. When we moved here in '73 Orlando was a sleepy southern town, very low key and tranquil, no traffic to speak of and almost zero crime. All that has gone now, no fault of Walt Disney of course, but inevitable when Disney World was joined by Universal Studios, Sea World, and a host of second tier attractions, and Orlando became the vacation capital of the world. The whole area is now literally like Los Angeles. those open spaces you see in the background in this film are now filled with hotels. motels, restaurants, miniature golf courses, gas stations, shopping malls, and endless traffic. I am glad that we got to see it the way it was, when you could spend the whole day at Disney for $18.00 ( current admission $210.00!) and stroll around with just a few hundred other people in the park. Now it's jam packed with people, and to be honest, it can be torture to visit these parks in the peak season, which now seems to be year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
      Came across this bit of Super 8 film the other day, its fading away but it might be of interest to someone hence the up-load to you-tube

I added just one piece of music from you-tube copyright free library to this silent film.

One thing I must ask, can someone tell me the year?
      The Copyright on the film, "MCMLXXVII" is 1977.

Comment

Your welcome Paul, your write up was most interesting, as to how things had changed.

Thanks Ed.

Comment

Working...
        X