Eumig P8 Phonomatic Novo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig P8 Phonomatic Novo

It was in 2014 that I bought a Eumig P8 Phonomatic Novo. To those who don't know this model, it has automatic threading right onto the take-up spool. There is a rear "slide" which drops down onto the spool, the spool has small teeth to engage one of the film's perforations.

However, to do this Eumig created a special spool which is wider than the usual standard 8 spool to allow this guide to drop down inside the two flanges.

Regrettably, although the projector came in its original box with instructions the special spool was missing.

I searched for years to find the correct spool but was unable to locate one. No doubt Eumig may have only manufactured a small number to include with each projector. Of course, a normal standard spool could be used with manual lacing.

Now, seven years years later, there on eBay was just what I wanted. This has now been received in perfect condition, and with it, a nice note from the seller, fellow member David Tatham.

Here is a similar projector on eBay and you can see the auto-setting piece around the lens assembly, and the rear slide actually lying in the take-up spool.

Eumig P8 Phonomatic Film Projector In original Box with Instructions | eBay

To David, my grateful thanks.

I'm glad that you can now 'complete' your Eumig P8 Maurice, good to hear. I do remember you mentioning in a previous post about your search for the spool. It will be interesting to know what happens when you come to test out the auto thread feature. I heard it was unreliable and I'm quite happy lacing mine up manually, so have never tried it!

Comment

Thank you, Martin
      As the Eumig has its spools rotating anti-clockwise, as apposed to the normal clockwise direction, I expect that the leader may have to be given some degree of "curl" for use in the auto-thread mode.

Comment

If I were searching for a Eumig P8, this is the model I would be looking for. It uses the economical FCR lamps that cost practically nothing!

Comment

The earlier lamps for the P8 variants are now quite expensive, when you can find them.
          The A1/215 (as it's known in the UK) is readily available.
          GE A1/215 12 volt 100 watt FCR Projection Lamp (lamps2udirect.com)

Comment

Working...
          X