Super 8 Film Leader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8 Film Leader.

I normally chance buying white acetate super 8 leader on 50ft spools from various ebay sellers.

Is there anyone selling in the UK that you guys recommend and is worth supporting in particular?

Thanks!

Rob, I don't know if this can help you but you can make your own clear film leader very easily.

Just take a section of junk film and let it soak in some water with regular household bleach. Ten minutes later every trace of emulsion will disolve leaving behind crystal clear film. I like clear leader because it shows a dirty film gate that needs cleaning before the film even gets started, while colored leader tends to mask it until you are into the film. And I don't feel that by using clear leader that the light from the projector is in any way distracting.

Comment

The Old Film Company can supply 50ft rolls of acetate Super 8 leader, although they describe its colour as light grey.
      Click on below and scroll downwards.

" THE THRILL OF REEL FILM" (theoldfilmcompany.com)

Comment

Thanks Joseph. I've heard that before and it's a great idea to use any unwanted footage. The only thing I have noticed is that the film trimmers on both my Elmo and Beaulieu won't trim polyester properly but are fine with acetate. Unfortunately what little unwanted film I do have is polyester.

Maurice, thanks, yes I had forgotten about them, having ordered from them before. I think that leader would be fine, so I'll order some later. Thanks again.

I'd rather support a company that seems interested in film, so I'll add Old Film Company to my favorites list.

Comment

Working...
        X